Tuesday 10 April 2007

Mrs Reg's Diary



What a time it’s been for us toiling foot soldiers ! It’s been one hectic round of hospitality since those Northern Wigan types descended on us . Luckily it was a good opportunity to get rid of that Moroccan red that nice Mr Elk gave us for Christmas. I have to say it’s not to my taste with it’s aggressive after-burn and the way it loosens tooth fillings. Anyway, after the match we showed the usual hospitality in the boardroom which received glowing compliments, though I have to say I found the manners of that Jewell person most objectionable. It was bad enough watching him talk with his mouth full and spitting bits of food over my newly polished boardroom table but when I saw him wrapping some of my Mini Chicken Kievs in serviettes and putting them in his pocket I had to say something.
The nerve of the man ! He immediately rounded on me saying that I had mis-interpreted what I’d seen and he was just putting his handkerchief away. He then went ranting on about how nobody understands and everybody’s out to get him ! I ask you……what manners !
After recovering from that most unpleasant experience I insisted that Mr Reg take me away for the Easter break which surprisingly he agreed to. I have say however that a Good Friday in Manchester was not what I had in mind ! The nice thing about it though was it gave me a chance to see my good friend Shirley Pearce. I must admit I was quite shocked when I saw her. She was looking so pale and drawn. Goodness knows what that man puts her through but as always, she put on a brave face and said that everything was fine as long as he remembered to take his medication.
It was back to the Valley on Easter Monday and after another match, more hospitality. After a few glasses the conversation became a touch ribald with Pards and Coppell making rather course jokes about old times at the Palace so I decided to talk with that nice young Mr Elk and discuss his homeland. I found him very engaging as he was telling me all about local customs in his country, one of which he described as using “ the women for fun and boys for pleasure”….I must ask Reg what it means….

No comments:

 

Free Web Counters
South Beach Diet Recipes