Wednesday 20 May 2009

Sorry Seems To Be The Easiest Word

After a day locked in meetings with his lawyers, Confidential has decided to make a statement concerning his future. It's believed that the statement refers to earlier accusations that Confidential has been claiming significant expenses connected to a so-called blog which although features on the Forever Charlton site,often has little or no Charlton related news or information and often just contains the incoherent and nostalgic ramblings of a Victor Meldrew figure who longs for the good old days. It's understood that despite writing only very occasional posts, Confidential claimed the purchase of a luxury penthouse overlooking the Valley ground was necessary to write the blog. What follows is the statement read by his lawyers.
"After looking into my own financial affairs and finding some irregularities which may be mis-understood by some members of the media I find that my position requires clarification. I have been informed by my accountant - who has since resigned his position - that certain errors now require me to say that I am profoundly sorry for the errors that occured.Hopefully this profound apology and the word sorry will put a line under this unfortunate episode and I can go on milking the system and pretend that I give a toss about doing my job properly "

4 comments:

Ketts said...

CDripes Rickster,ANOTHER post,what is going on.

Well done mate,keep it up,more & more often please.

Marco. said...

Strangely, I buried an old Velvet Underground album in the garden last week.
It really didn't seem to be finished- too many bum notes and the artwork was half cocked too.

Luckily, the time in the darkness seems to have made all the difference.
Yup, you guessed it Ketts- the CD ripe(n)s.

Should I leave a Simply Red CD in the Sunshine or the shade for it to ripen?
I'm anxious for it to stop sounding like the dogs of Hades having a dump.

Ketts said...

I do struggle with my small keyboard Marco,particuarly post 22.00 when channel hopping!The proof reading disappears as well.

What were you still doing up past the witching hour? Hope you will be bright-eyed & bushy tailed for those eager & alert pupils!

Must have a word about you having a Simply Red CD in your collection as well.

Confidential Rick said...

Strange you should say that Marco. I did the same thing with a Grateful Dead album...smelt awful when I dug it up though.

 

Free Web Counters
South Beach Diet Recipes